I originally trained as a remedial masseur in Sydney, Australia, and then I worked for seven years as a relaxation and medical masseur.
As a complementary therapist I always compare a patient with the parameters of “absolute health”. As far as I know, I have never met a completely healthy person. That is not necessary. As long as minor health problems do not cause more serious complaints or discomfort, they should not be treated. So don’t be alarmed if the diagnosis shows that you have several minor problems (which are called dysfunctions in our field). Conversely, do not expect perfect health as a result of the treatment.
It is possible to treat a broad spectrum of disorders. These are too many to list here. Therefore just a few examples of conditions that I have treated in practice:
- Stuck back or neck (for example; whiplash, spit, lumbargo, hernia)
- RSI, knee and hip complaints, frozen shoulder or tennis elbow
- Common cold, allergies, inflammation and autoimmune diseases
- Asthma, eczema, unpleasant body or mouth odor
- Balance disorders, headache, migraine
- Behavioral and developmental disorders, mental disorders
- Skin, hair and joint complaints (such as rheumatism, gout and the like)
- Underweight and overweight, hunger pain and heartburn complaints
- Bile, kidney, pancreatic stones, osteoporosis, muscle cramps
- Pain or itching during intercourse, irritated urethra, loss of urine and the like
- Cramps, digestive complaints, nagging pain in the abdomen or stomach (such as Morbus Crohn, collitis ulcerosa)
If you want to know if your complaint is suitable for a complementary treatment, please contact me. You can call, text and e-mail me for more information.